ECC – 3 Year Old – Classroom Teacher – 0.2 FTE
The Early Childhood Centre Teacher is a qualified member of the Minimbah Staff, employed to assist the Director of the Early Childhood Centre in the implementation of the Centre’s Program.
The program is inspired by the approaches of Reggio Emilia and the Scandanavian Forest Schools. Experience or interest in these approaches would be beneficial and an understanding of nature pedagogy and passion for working outdoors is essential for all educators engaged in our program.
- Assist the Director of the Early Childhood Centre to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the day-to-day classroom program.
- Plan, implement and teach the 3yo Program (currently Friday – one day per week).
- Attend and actively participate in planning, review and debriefing meetings.
- Maintain in good order, classroom resources, equipment and general classroom space.
- Prepare teaching resources.
- Show initiative in dealing with ‘day-to-day’ tasks and take responsibility for designated tasks.
- Maintain student and class records as required including observations of individuals and small groups of children and assisting in collating and producing work portfolios.
- May be required to assume responsibility of supervision of the Program during the Director’s preparation time. This may include the development of small groups of children and assuming responsibility for group times as required.
- Actively and positively support the pastoral care program in the Centre; always treat each child with dignity and respect.
- Actively support the values and philosophy of Woodleigh School.
- Supervise playground and outdoor learning spaces in conjunction with other ECC staff.
- Assist in presenting a safe and inviting outdoor learning area.
- Liaise with parents and visitors in a professional manner, referring problems to the Director of the Early Childhood Centre.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all matters pertaining to student/family matters.
- Attend parent information sessions as required (these may be in the evening).
- Attend and assist at parent forums and other celebratory meetings of the children’s learning.
- Communicate effectively with the Director of the Early Childhood Centre and all other members of the Woodleigh School staff.
- Work collaboratively in a team-based setting to plan and deliver the learning program.
- Work in conjunction with other educators to document the children’s progress.
- Assist specialist teachers with the implementation of their learning programs.
- Attend a weekly staff meeting with all ECC staff.
- All staff are required to become actively involved in an ongoing program of Professional Development.
- Actively promote the school formally and informally through various professional organisations and school activities.
- Assist with other duties associated with the smooth running of the Junior Campus from time to time.
- Involvement in the co-curricular life of the school is encouraged.
- Part-time (0.2 FTE)
- Suitable Tertiary Early Childhood Qualification
This is a 6 month contract position commencing 16 July 2018.
(Start of Term 3 2018 - end Term 4 2018 – 12 month fixed term maternity leave replacement contract.)
The Minimbah Campus of Woodleigh School is situated in Frankston South and has an enrolment of approximately 240 students from Early Childhood to Year 6. It has excellent ICT facilities and offers specialist programs in Music, Visual Art, Dance, Drama, Library, Physical Education, French and Indonesian. The children participate in an extensive Camps and Outdoor Education Program from Year 2.
Further enquiries may be directed to the Head of Minimbah Campus, Mr Rodney Davies on (03) 9788 6488.
Applications in writing with the names of three referees should be emailed to:
Mr Rodney Davies
Deputy Principal – Head of Minimbah Campus, Woodleigh School
Applications close Tuesday 22 May at 5.00pm
Located on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two Junior Campuses (ECC-Year 6) in Frankston South and Moorooduc and a Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
Woodleigh is a community that strongly values a holistic education. It is a place where students are known and valued, where boys and girls grow into independent, creative, resilient individuals together.
Woodleigh is a school of dynamic, academically rigorous learning, which reflects and responds to the world we live in today. Whilst very definitely an academic school, with fine VCE results equipping the large majority of students for tertiary study, it also provides a number of other very important dimensions that prepare all students for the challenges of life in the twenty-first century.
Woodleigh affirms openness, independence, self-motivation and initiative, and never limits students to predetermined outcomes. Woodleigh is entirely coeducational, committed to the belief that this is the only suitable setting to educate both boys and girls for adult life.
The Woodleigh Teacher
- Encourages a culture of mutual respect, inquiry, innovation and learning.
- Emphasises the Woodleigh model for Personalised Learning in their professional practice (real world, experiential learning; assessment for learning; life-long learning skills; coaching and mentoring; and wellbeing and engagement).
- Communicates effectively with students and families about learning activities and student progress.
- Sets high academic achievement expectations.
- Identifies and supports students' social, emotional and behavioural learning needs.
- Facilitates, designs and engages with effective collaboration.
- Provides timely feedback and collaborates with others to offer specialised support.
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback and learning needs.
Woodleigh School is an equal opportunity employer.