Maths and Science Teachers
Woodleigh School is seeking part-time and full-time Senior Maths and Science Teachers at our Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
Position: Senior Maths and Science Teachers
Campus: Senior Campus
Faculty/Department: Maths and Science Faculties
Reports to: Learning Area Leader
Key Relationships: Maths and Science Department, Faculty Members, Students, Staff
These are teaching positions in the Maths and Science Faculties at Woodleigh School's Senior Campus, commencing in Term 1 2021. The successful applicants will be expected to teach Maths and Science across a range of year levels, while also contributing to the School’s Camp and Activities programs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing learning and teaching programs using knowledge of curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements
- Developing teaching activities that incorporate differentiated strategies to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
- Using effective teaching strategies to integrate ICT into learning and teaching programs to make selected content relevant and meaningful.
- Planning and implementing well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
- Selecting and using relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking.
- Establishing and maintaining orderly and workable routines to create an environment where student time is spent on learning tasks.
- Providing timely, effective and appropriate feedback to students about their achievement relative to their learning goals.
- Creating a positive environment where every student has the opportunity to learn
- Contributing to collegial discussions and applying constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
- Undertaking teaching from Year 7-12.
- Undertaking other duties as required and which are relevant to the position, as directed by the Learning Area Leader or Head of Campus
Applicants should be able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
Experience and Skills:
- An understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Relevant classroom teaching experience or experience working with children
- Professional practice that is strongly aligned with the expectations of The Woodleigh Teacher
Education and Qualifications:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Education.
- A commitment to Woodleigh’s Values of Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Respect for the Environment
- A commitment to the School’s co-curricular, experiential and outdoor education programmes
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- The determination to strive for personal best
- A willingness to innovate and encourage the development of creativity
- Experience in designing, implementing and assessing effective curriculum
- Experience in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
- Experience in teaching Mathematics and Science to at least VCE Units 1 and 2
Conditions of Employment:
- A VIT Registration is essential for this position
- Qualification and First Aid Training confirmation is required for this position
- Woodleigh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to appointing staff on the basis of merit
- At Woodleigh School we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. All staff are to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment
- All staff are required to observe and uphold all of Woodleigh’s Privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time
- Woodleigh operates a smoke-free work environment.
These positions commence Term 1 2021 and the term of these positions will be discussed with the successful candidate.
Applications should be addressed to Human Resources and submitted through Seek by Monday 21 September 2020 at 5pm.
Any queries relating to this position to: Christina Brown, Learning Area Leader – Mathematics, Director of Timetabling, Senior Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org