Senior Campus Teaching Positions
Passionate Maths, Indonesian, Studio Arts and Psychology Teachers are required at our Secondary Campus in Langwarrin South.
Campus: Senior Campus
Reports to: Head of Faculty
Key Relationships: Faculty Member, Homestead Coordinator, Homestead Tutors
Teaching positions at Woodleigh School commencing in Term 1 2020. The successful applicants will be expected to teach across a range of year levels, while also contributing to the school’s Camp and Activities programs.
- Designing and implementing learning and teaching programs using knowledge of curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements
- Developing teaching activities that incorporate differentiated strategies to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities.
- Using effective teaching strategies to integrate ICT into learning and teaching programs to make selected content relevant and meaningful.
- Planning and implementing well- structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning.
- Selecting and using relevant teaching strategies to develop knowledge, skills, problem solving and critical and creative thinking.
- Establishing and maintaining orderly and workable routines to create an environment where student time is spent on learning tasks.
- Providing timely, effective and appropriate feedback to students about their achievement relative to their learning goals.
- Creating a positive environment where every student has the opportunity to learn
- Contributing to collegial discussions and applying constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
- Undertaking teaching from Year 7 -12.
- Undertaking other duties as required and which are relevant to the position, as directed by the Head of Faculty or Head of Campus
Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience or skills in the following areas:
- An understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Relevant classroom teaching experience or experience working with children
- Professional practice that is strongly aligned with the expectations of The Woodleigh Teacher
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in designing, implementing and assessing effective curriculum
- Experience in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
- Experience in teaching VCE
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A commitment to Woodleigh’s Values of Respect for Self, Respect for Others and Respect for the Environment
- A commitment to the School’s co-curricular, experiential and outdoor education programmes
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- The determination to strive for personal best
- A willingness to innovate and encourage the development of creativity
Conditions of Employment:
- A VIT Registration is required for this position.
- Qualification and First Aid Training confirmation is required for this position.
- Woodleigh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to appointing staff on the basis of merit.
- At Woodleigh School we have a zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in children’s best interests and keeping them safe from harm. All staff are to abide by the Child Safety Code of Conduct.
- It is a condition of employment that all staff take responsibility for a safe and healthy work environment and have a commitment to equal employment opportunity and a workplace free from discrimination and harassment.
- All staff are required to observe and uphold all of Woodleigh’s Privacy policies and procedures as implemented or varied from time to time.
- Woodleigh operates a smoke-free work environment.
A mix of 12 month contract or ongoing positions commencing Term 1, 2020
Applications should be addressed to Human Resources clearly indicating subject preference and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25 October 2019
Any queries relating to these positions to: Deb Agar, Head of Staffing and VCE Coordinator email@example.com or Christina Brown, Head of Mathematics firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Pitcher, Head of LOTE email@example.com on 03 5971 6100
Applications close by 5pm, Friday 25 October 2019.
Located on Victoria's Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two Junior Campuses (ECC-Year 6) in Frankston South and Moorooduc and a Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
Woodleigh is a community that strongly values a holistic education. It is a place where students are known and valued, where boys and girls grow into independent, creative, resilient individuals together.
Woodleigh is a school of dynamic, academically rigorous learning, which reflects and responds to the world we live in today. Whilst very definitely an academic school, with fine VCE results equipping the large majority of students for tertiary study, it also provides a number of other very important dimensions that prepare all students for the challenges of life in the twenty first century.
Woodleigh affirms openness, independence, self-motivation and initiative, and never limits students to predetermined outcomes. Woodleigh is entirely coeducational, committed to the belief that this is the only suitable setting to educate both boys and girls for adult life.
The Woodleigh Teacher
- Encourages a culture of mutual respect, inquiry, innovation and learning
- Emphasises the Woodleigh model for Personalised Learning in their professional practice (real world, experiential learning; assessment for learning; life-long learning skills; coaching and mentoring; and wellbeing and engagement.)
- Communicates effectively with students and families about learning activities and student progress
- Sets high academic achievement expectations
- Identifies and supports students' social, emotional, and behavioural learning needs
- Facilitates, designs and engages with effective collaboration
- Provides timely feedback and collaborates with others to offer specialised support
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback and learning needs
Woodleigh School is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodleigh School is committed to a Child Safe school environment and has a zero tolerance of child abuse.