Music @ Minimbah 2023
Music has kicked off this year with a bang! Classes are creating and exploring, choirs are singing, bands are playing, and we are enjoying making music together.
Classes are creating and exploring, choirs are singing, bands are playing and we are enjoying making music together.
Each class participates in the music program from our 4-year-old ECC students, right through to Year 6. Here is a snapshot of each year level:
· ECC – music with John Beckley in the Music Centre
· Foundation – class music with John Beckley and Foundation to Year 2 choir with Sue Fletcher and John Beckley
· Year 1 – class music with John Beckley, Foundation to Year 2 choir with Sue Fletcher and John Beckley and Year 1 Strings (runs for one semester) with Anne Bridgeman and Lisa Wallace
· Year 2 – class music with John Beckley, Foundation to Year 2 choir with Sue Fletcher and John Beckley
· Year 3 & 4 - class music with John Beckley, Year 3/4 Choir with Sue Fletcher and John Beckley
· Year 5 & 6 – class music with Sue Fletcher, Music Workshop with one of the following Marney Pope, Anne Bridgeman, Malcom Huddle, Lisa Wallace, John Beckley or Sue Fletcher and 5/6 Choir with Sue Fletcher and John Beckley.
We have a busy year planned, with many events in the calendar already.
The first event for the year will be the Minimbah Fair on Friday 3 March, where you will see and hear many musical items being performed. Keep an eye out for some special performances by your favourite teachers.
We will then be rehearsing for the Harmony Day Picnic held at Penbank Campus on Thursday 30 March, and then straight into Grandparents and Special Friends Day on Tuesday 4 April.
Key dates for the year include:
Soiree - Tuesday 23 May @ 3.30pm in the Music Centre
Boite Schools Chorus (years 3-5) - Thursday 4 August
Soiree - Tuesday 8 August @ 3.30pm in the Music Centre
Year 6 Production - Thursday 31 August
Minimbah Whole School Musicale (held at the George Jenkins Theatre) - Tuesday 17 October
Soiree - Tuesday 24 October @ 3.30pm in the Music Centre
Perberkoong - Wednesday 29 November
And we will finish with Year 6 Graduation on Tuesday 5 December.
We are looking forward to sharing all our musical experiences with you throughout the year.
SUE FLETCHER, JOHN BECKLEY and the MINIMBAH MUSIC STAFF
Minimbah Music Teachers